Par mailformulaire de contact
- Lundi au vendredi : de 14h30 à 18h30
Se rendre en mairie
Rue Albert Mathieu
The first church was built in 1817 in the old cemetery but was destroyed in 1918. On its site the war memorial was set up and inaugurated on May 5th 1921.
The new St Martin church was built from 1925 to 1928 on the old public place of the village.
The British cemetery was set up at the end of 1918. Most of the soldiers who are buried there died in the Awoingt hospital which was located on the site of the present milk Candia factory : 637 soldiers from the United Kingdom, 15 from New-Zealand, 1 from India, 57 from Germany as well as 6 French.
Captain Leveson Gower, the son of the then English ambassador in Rome is buried in Awoingt British cemetery. At the head of a company, Captain Leveson Gower was killed by a German shell along the railway line in Awoingt when progressing towards the enemy-lines. His name is engraved on the wall of the war memorial of the House of Lords. A memorial, known as the English memorial, has been erected in his memory in the village by his family.
Three British tombs are to be found in the Awoingt cemetery. The reasons why these three soldiers have been buried there remain unknown.
This house was occupied by German soldiers : among them : Manfred Albrecht Baron von Richthofen, nicknamed as « Red Baron » , a WWI German aviation fighter-pilot ace of aces.
Built in 2008. Some 120 pupils aged from 2 to 11 attend the village-school.
Head of the School : Stéphanie Roguet
The village hall was built in 2001 It's a modern building used for meetings of local groups, a variety of events such as the Spring Festival or the Village Summer Festival, wedding receptions and other celebrations. The public sessions of the parish council are usually held there.
There is one bakery in the village and a café-restaurant « La Gargote ».
Rue Albert Mathieu